Our mission is to empower and support nurses caring for women, newborns, and their families through research, education, and advocacy.
“Making a difference in the lives of women and newborns.”
Our members are committed to the health of women and newborns.
Empower and support nurses caring for women, newborns, and their families through research, education, and advocacy.
For More Information on AWHONN, please visit AWHONN.org.
AWHONN has 51 Sections representing each of the States and the Armed Forces. Each Section is overseen by an elected Section Chair and Section Secretary Treasurer and supported by Section and Chapter appointed leaders who assist in the running of the Section at the state and local level.
The functions of a Section include:
- Support implementation of AWHONN’s strategic plan;
- Perform core program and fiscal functions as defined by the Board of Directors;
- Monitor, report on, and participate in appropriate legislative and regulatory activity at the state level (in the case of domestic Sections) or the national level (in the case of international Sections, e.g., Canada);
- Develop plans for providing continuing education based on member needs and the AWHONN strategic plan;
- Assist Chapters in the Section perform core functions by supporting and facilitating the program and membership development activities of the Chapter;
- Provide direction, guidance, and support in the development of new Chapters;
- Provide opportunities for leadership development and plan for leadership succession; and
- Ensure compliance with AWHONN requirements and policies.
To learn more about AWHONN Section and Chapters, please visit AWHONN’s Section and Chapter Information Page.